Monday, June 17, 2013

Beach Trip ~ Part 1

FINALLY!  We are headed to the beach.  My sweet girls have been begging for about 1 1/2 years to go back to the beach.  Our budget just wouldn't allow it before now so after lots of saving up, we were finally headed on our family vacation.  We all needed a get-away!
Our munchkins packed in the car and ready to go!
After driving through rain and LOTS of traffic, we finally arrived.  The girls couldn't wait to put their toes in the sand.  After dumping our stuff in the condo, we took them down to the beach in between storms.

The next day, Sunday, it was still raining and storming, so we decided to do a little souvenir shopping with the money that Grammy gave to Audrey and Addison.
There was a break in the rain that afternoon so we took advantage of it and went for a walk on the state pier.

Then we went for a delicious dinner at the Wolf Bay Lodge.  The girls enjoyed feeding the fish and looking at all the big boats after dinner. Addison didn't eat a bite of her food and was sooo whiny!  I figured she was just tired from the traveling and long day without a nap.  I should've known things were about to go down hill.
Because Monday morning, I had a pitiful baby who had run fever all night, was crying about everything and complaining about being in pain.  So off to the doctor we go!  I was so worried about finding a good place to take her. Being in a "foreign" place, you never know what you will get when you aren't familiar with those clinics.  I was fortunate to have a dear friend who lives down there that I could call and get a recommendation. (Oh and did I mention that it was a monsoon outside at this point??)
They weren't exactly sure what was going on but started her on antibiotics for possible UTI.
We dropped her prescription off at the drug store and they said it would be over an hour.  So instead of driving all the way back to the condo only to have to turn around to come back, we stopped up the road at a little fishing spot so Corey could let the girls fish a little.
Addison tried to participate, but bless her heart she felt too bad... she ended up snuggled up in my lap in the car.
By now, I'm really worried that we may be in for a long and crappy vacation if the weather continues to be yucky and Addison feeling bad.
Audrey did get to fish for a few minutes before we had to pick up the meds.

After picking up Addison's medicine, we headed back to the condo for lunch and hopefully a nap for Addison.

No comments: