Tuesday, June 22, 2010
Monday, June 21, 2010
Sunday, June 20, 2010
Addison turned 4 months old this past week. So once again, I want to document all the things about her that I want to remember. Time is passing so quickly, I'm afraid I'll forget :(
Sweet Little Bit,
You are growing up so quickly, right before my eyes. It seems that each morning when I pick you up from your bed, you had a growth spurt over night. Some things I want my heart to remember about you at this age:
* are wearing size 2 diapers
* are wearing size 3-6 month clothes
* weigh 14 lbs. 7 oz.
* are 25 inches long
* always have a smile for me each morning when you wake up
* go to bed around 8:30-9:00 pm and sleep until 5:00 am, then you eat and go back to sleep until 8-9 am
* have found your voice, you squeal and "talk" all the time
* are quite the drama queen. You can turn those fusses and cries on and off so quickly. You will go from crying and having an all out fit to smiling in a moment when someone picks you up.
* are very aware of when mommy leaves the room and express your displeasure if I leave
* can sit up in your Bumbo seat and excersaucer very well. You enjoy spending time there (until you get bored, of course)
* love watching Dora with your big sister
* can roll from your belly to back and from back to belly. However, you roll easily from your back to belly then usually get "stuck" and get to mad to roll back the opposite direction
* think your daddy is so silly. He can just look at you and you smile
* giggle out loud when mommy "nibbles" on your belly when changing clothes or diapers
* do more whining like a puppy rather than crying...but you let us know frequently when you don't like something.
* are still a pretty content and laid back baby, but you are telling us more and more what you think :)
* grasps your toys and rattles and play with them
* have found your feet and love to hang on to them
* are fascinated with people's faces and try to grab anyone's nose or lips that are nearby.
* still love to grab mommy's hair
* put your little blankie up next to your face or over your face to go to sleep. Mommy has to take it out of your bed after you finally doze off
You are so special and such a blessing to our family. I am enjoying every moment that I get to love you, rock you, kiss on you and snuggle with you. You make my heart smile.
Wednesday, June 16, 2010
Corey and I took Audrey and Addison to see "Storytime Live" including Dora in Birmingham the other day. It was FABULOUS!!!! Audrey was attentive through the entire 2 hours of the show. Addison was even mesmerized by it until she fell asleep near the end.
As you can tell in the photo below (I got the one above and the photo below from Nickelodeon's website) the show had Dora, Boots and her Friends, Kilan and her buddies, the Backyardigans (my favorites :)) and Wonder Pets. The entire show was beautiful, the acting fantastic.
Corey took this shot before we went inside. That is the one thing I didn't like about the show, it didn't allow ANY photography at all inside the theater (not even before, during intermission, or after- poo!) If they even THOUGHT you were thinking about taking a picture (even just of your kid) it was "off with your head"! Despite that, we had a wonderful time!
Tuesday, June 15, 2010
Monday, June 14, 2010
While Audrey was enjoying splashing around in her little pool the other day, I decided to take Addison in for a dip to see how she liked it. That little fish loved the water. She enjoyed splashing her hands (until it splashed her in the face) and kicking her feet. Of course she was also entertained by her big sister.
Sunday, June 13, 2010
I adore my two girls. Audrey is such a wonderful big sister. Addison is mesmerized by watching Audrey play. And I love watching them "play" together. But my favorite part of the day is watching them give each other 'bedtime lovin'. They snuggle with each other, giggling and giving hugs and kisses. Oh, it just melts my heart. So I thought I'd give you a glimpse of what I get to enjoy each night...
Friday, June 4, 2010
She loves this thing. And Audrey loves playing with all the little do-dad toys on it, as well, which keeps Addison's attention. That is how supper gets cooked around this house :).
Thursday, June 3, 2010
Tuesday, June 1, 2010
My sweet, precious Audrey,
You stole my heart the first time I laid eyes on you (actually the first time I heard your little heartbeat), and you have held it ever since. You are my independent, tender hearted, loving pumpkin-doodle. The past 3 years have rushed by in a blur and no matter how hard I tried to hold onto each day, hour, moment with you...you still grew up too fast. Although on those many, many nights when you were an infant, I thought they would never pass. I am so glad that I took the advice of other older, wiser women and cherished those long, sleepless nights. I can still remember the feel of your back rising and falling as your breathed while sleeping on my chest. I remember measuring your back with my hands and kissing the top of your sweet head.
Then you started walking and I was chasing you everywhere. When you finally began talking, you impressed us with your vocabulary and sentences. If I could just snap my fingers and go back to those days--one minute I would, then the next I wouldn't because I am loving the new adventure you are taking us on as parents.
Now, you are a big sister who loves kissing and playing with your baby sister. Playing on the playgrounds, going to the Children's Hands on Museum, and fishing with your daddy are the things you love to do. You are a Daddy's girl! (Mommy will do when he isn't around). You love to go "shopping" with mommy--even if it is just grocery shopping. And you are such a big helper around the house. You help me get the garbage out, fold clothes, and put your clean clothes away. When I sweep, mop or vacuum, you insist on helping with your "miniature" cleaning tools. Every morning you have to have your cup of milk and snuggle with Mommy or Daddy on the couch while watching Dora and Pinky-Dinky-Doo. Reading, playing games, and "cooking" in your kitchen is what you usually invite us to do with you. Recently you and Daddy have been working in the garden and practicing your golf. I just love watching you two together.
You are an early riser, but we have trained you to stay in your room until your "Dora Light" comes on. Usually you get up and change clothes and "dress up" before coming into Mommy and Daddy's room to wake us. You have mastered dressing and undressing yourself and usually you pick out great outfits...even if some are pretty creative. :)
When eating, you love fruits and vegetables- you could eat your weight in strawberries, blackberries and tomatoes---but not so much meat. And you really don't like pasta of any kind except spaghetti. You do have a little bit of a sweet tooth and like to have a piece of chocolate as your reward since we are still potty-training. On that note, you just about have that down pat! Yay! As for clothing, you are thin, but average height. You weigh 28 pounds and are 36 inches tall. You are wearing 2T pants and 3T shirts and dresses. You are wearing a size 6 toddler shoes.
Although you have been expressing your opinions and independence very strongly lately, you still melt my heart and make me laugh---and yes, try my patience at times. But, I am so grateful everyday that God blessed us with you and that I am able to stay home with you now.
You are such a special little girl and I look forward to MANY more snuggles, loves and kisses with you!
(Since she really isn't happy with me taking pictures of her right now, I had to settle for these pics of an impromptu photo op...hopefully soon she will let me get some good full body shots so I will remember just how big she was:) )