Monday, October 19, 2009

22 weeks...and shame on me!!!!!!!

I am now 22 weeks. On the "downhill slide", as I try to remind myself. For some reason this pregnancy has seemed sooooo loooonnnnggg! I'm sure toward the end and say otherwise.

Other than being exhausted all.the.time, I am doing okay. Miss Addison Brooke is beginning to kick and move up a storm. Her most active time is late evening when I finally sit on the couch to rest. She also kicks around a lot when I have Audrey sitting on my lap.

Here is what the websites are saying:
At 11 inches (the length of a spaghetti squash) and almost 1 pound, your baby is starting to look like a miniature newborn. Her lips, eyelids, and eyebrows are becoming more distinct, and she's even developing tiny tooth buds beneath his gums. Her eyes have formed, but her irises (the colored part of the eye) still lack pigment. If you could see inside your womb, you'd be able to spot the fine hair (lanugo) that covers her body and the deep wrinkles on her skin, which she'll sport until she adds a padding of fat to fill them in.

And my photo at 22 weeks:
We have tried to start preparing Audrey for the arrival of her baby sister. She talks about a baby sister, but I am not sure how much she really comprehends. I have a couple of picture books that we read to her which talks about a new sibling being born. Audrey seems to take that in pretty well. Audrey is such a smart child, but I am not quite sure how much to try to explain. I'm trying to let her take the lead most of the time.

Any suggestions or ideas on handling that would be greatly appreciated!!!

Now on to the 'shame on me'... I totally forgot to post ultrasound pictures of Addison. Of course that is not the only thing I have forgotten recently. They aren't kidding when they say you get 'pregnancy brain'. At least I am using that as my excuse.

So... here is a little glimpse of our sweetie-


2 comments:

Diana Hewlett said...

Wheeee!!! So excited!!! :) I definitely think Addison and Zoe Kate have discussed their exercise schedules.

Nancy Hood said...

It will continue to go quickly :) and I look forward to meeting this second princess! Have a beautiful week and allow your mother to totally spoil all four of you!