Friday, December 4, 2009

28 weeks

I had my doctor’s appointment today. All seems to be progressing well. The heart rate was 155 which is where it has been for the last few visits. Addison seems to be growing quite well. (I’m sure all the Thanksgiving turkey, dressing and veggies helped with that). I can’t believe that I am into my 3rd trimester.

Since Corey was on shift today, I didn’t have anyone to watch Audrey so she had to come with me and endure 2.5 hours in the doctor’s office. She is a trooper though when she has to do that. Of course the nurses are just smitten with her and love to play with her, so that makes things easier.

That being said, I had to have some routine blood work drawn today. Audrey had asked me if I had to get a “shot” so I told her yes. When the nurse was preparing the needle and such, Audrey told me she was going to hold my hand. Then she looks at me and said “Mommy it be alright”, “it won’t be too bad”. All the nurses around stopped what they were doing and everyone said a collaborative “Awwwww” and then everyone started giggling. It was so precious. Miss Priss has such a kind heart. It just made my day that she was taking care of me.
Then to top it all off, after seeing the doctor we were all about to leave the exam room and Audrey tells my doctor “Thank you for taking care of Mommy”. I thought Dr. Emig was going to cry. I almost did too. I had to give her a big hug and kiss for that one.

4 comments:

The Whites said...

that is very precious!! glad you are doing well.

Diana Hewlett said...

what a sweet girl!

Nancy Hood said...

what a sweetheart!! thankful all is going well :)

~Mistee~ said...

Congrats on 28 weeks!!!! :0)