Wednesday, December 2, 2009

The Christmas Tree

Since our turkeys are officially gone (see previous post), decorating for Christmas is in full swing. I have let Audrey do as much decorating as she can possibly help with. Some things don't look "just so", but I wouldn't have it any other way. I have enjoyed the time and excitement with her.
We bought Audrey her own Christmas tree so she could hang her special ornaments on it. She had such fun decorating it all by herself. Then she helped us tackle our big tree. I was really impressed at how well she was at hanging the ornaments. After all the ornaments were hung, she kept asking for more. Hopefully, Grammy and Grandaddy will wait and let her help decorate theirs too.


I am really enjoying watching Audrey this Christmas season. It brings back the wonder and awe of Christmas that we often forget as we get older. I know I am guilty of getting caught up in the busyness and gift purchasing of the season, to really stop and enjoy the little things around me. I am so grateful that she is reminding me how to do that this year.

2 comments:

The Whites said...

I like your idea of her having her own tree to decorate. I bet she loved that. Hope you have been feeling well. Blessings!

Nancy Hood said...

Oh, I just love coming here and keeping up with Miss Audrey Kay :)