Monday, September 12, 2011

Good Times with Grammy

Recently, Corey went on a 2-week hunting trip to Colorado. My girls LOVE their daddy. Although they are accustomed to him being gone a good bit working, I knew his absence for this long would be very hard on them (and me too!).

My mom had been going through some stressful times at her work and having issues with back pain. She really needed a break.

So...I thought, what could be more fun and relaxing than to have Grammy come up and spend a few days with us. Then I made the call to Grammy and asked her to pack her bags to stay with us for a while. It didn't take much arm-twisting to get her to agree.



Even though things looked like Grammy would never get to come (car in body shop, pain blocks for back, work obligations, etc), she finally made it 2 days after when she planned to come.

The girls were thrilled and it made them forget for a few days that their daddy had been gone so long. For Grammy, she got 4 days of hugs, snuggles, cartoons, sunshine and dress-up play. I loved watching the girls enjoy their Grammy and having my mom there with me all the time to talk to and laugh with. Another bonus is that while she kept the girls entertained, I was able to take care of many "projects".




We all certainly enjoyed our beautiful, relaxing time with Grammy.



No comments: