Monday, September 19, 2011

Audrey's 1st Day of Dance

The past couple of years Audrey has taken gymnastics. She enjoyed it, but recently became a little bored. So for several months she had been asking to take ballet. I made her choose which activity she wanted to participate in and she chose dance.

Once she was signed up for dance class and we purchased her dance shoes, leotard and tights, she was so excited she couldn't stop talking about it.

I was one excited mommy, also, because I spent MANY years dancing. So for my little girl to follow in my footsteps made me so excited. All those cute costumes, make-up, songs, and recitals, although expensive, are so thrilling!!

For weeks, Audrey would ask me to "teach" her some ballet. We would practice a few moves (mine were quite rusty :/) in the house.

Then, a couple of weeks ago, the time came for her to start ballet/tap class.



Can you tell how excited she is?!? I didn't even have to bribe her to stand there and smile. She did it voluntarily because she is thrilled to be a ballerina. :)


When we arrived at class, we discovered that our neighbor, also Audrey's dear friend, was in the same class with her. That just compounded the excitement!

Audrey had a wonderful time and has been dancing around our house all day, every day since class.

No comments: