Monday, November 30, 2009

Thanksgiving 2009

Whew! This month has flown by and time has escaped me...as you can tell with my lack of posting.

We had a fantastic Thanksgiving. My family came up to our house for Thanksgiving. Because of their health, my grandparents don't get to make the 2 hour trip to visit often, so it was a real treat to have them with us.

Audrey had a wonderful time showing off for everyone. She was really comfortable in her environment and all of the "spectators" enjoyed watching her.

Our Thanksgiving spread was enormous and delicious. My mom brought her famous (at least I call it that) dressing and gravy. Nana and Pawpaw supplied delicious ham. And my sweet hubby fried an awesome turkey for us. I prepared all the veggies and such to go along with it. My favorites are the green bean casserole and sweet potato casserole. My best friend, Anna, makes the BEST sweet potato casserole...I tried to imitate her...but it wasn't nearly as wonderful as hers. However, it was still edible!
I have eaten leftovers, over and over and over... I'm sure when I go back to the doctor, I will have gained a good 15 pounds- no kidding! Guess I'll enjoy the excuse to eat while I can :)

After we all stuffed our faces until we were miserable, Miss Audrey informed us that Thanksgiving was over and we could put up Christmas stuff now. ...... Back up a few days...

Audrey kept asking when Christmas was going to be here. So after many failed attempts to help her understand, Corey explained that after we had Thanksgiving meal with the family and we took all the turkeys and Thanksgiving decorations down, then it would be time to put up Christmas stuff. Our intellectual 2- year old turns right around and asks her daddy "Can we take the turkeys down now?" Smart, huh?... So back to Thanksgiving day.

So, now it is time to break out the Christmas decor, as promised. There was no forgetting about that. Since we had taken Audrey to pick out some inflatable yard ornaments a few days prior, we figured that we would put those up first. As you can tell by the photos, she was all about helping her daddy. (Side note: I have learned that if you want your husband to hang Christmas lights and decorate without complaints...get your 2 year old to ask him to do it. He happily granted Audrey's wishes. *sigh*) It was so precious to see her out there enjoying herself. Oh the wonder of seeing Christmas through the eyes of a child!
She wasn't quite sure about Frosty. He was just a bit scary to her and she took a while to warm up to the sight of him. But she loved the Santa.

I have so much to be thankful for this year. Just a look around my house on Thanksgiving day reminded me of all the blessings I have received.

I could kick myself for not taking more photos, but after being on my feet cooking and such all day, I was exhausted!!! I'll try to do better! :)

1 comment:

Nancy Hood said...

cute pics, cute post, precious little girl :)