Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Audrey- 3 years old



My sweet, precious Audrey,

You stole my heart the first time I laid eyes on you (actually the first time I heard your little heartbeat), and you have held it ever since. You are my independent, tender hearted, loving pumpkin-doodle. The past 3 years have rushed by in a blur and no matter how hard I tried to hold onto each day, hour, moment with you...you still grew up too fast. Although on those many, many nights when you were an infant, I thought they would never pass. I am so glad that I took the advice of other older, wiser women and cherished those long, sleepless nights. I can still remember the feel of your back rising and falling as your breathed while sleeping on my chest. I remember measuring your back with my hands and kissing the top of your sweet head.

Then you started walking and I was chasing you everywhere. When you finally began talking, you impressed us with your vocabulary and sentences. If I could just snap my fingers and go back to those days--one minute I would, then the next I wouldn't because I am loving the new adventure you are taking us on as parents.

Now, you are a big sister who loves kissing and playing with your baby sister. Playing on the playgrounds, going to the Children's Hands on Museum, and fishing with your daddy are the things you love to do. You are a Daddy's girl! (Mommy will do when he isn't around). You love to go "shopping" with mommy--even if it is just grocery shopping. And you are such a big helper around the house. You help me get the garbage out, fold clothes, and put your clean clothes away. When I sweep, mop or vacuum, you insist on helping with your "miniature" cleaning tools. Every morning you have to have your cup of milk and snuggle with Mommy or Daddy on the couch while watching Dora and Pinky-Dinky-Doo. Reading, playing games, and "cooking" in your kitchen is what you usually invite us to do with you. Recently you and Daddy have been working in the garden and practicing your golf. I just love watching you two together.

You are an early riser, but we have trained you to stay in your room until your "Dora Light" comes on. Usually you get up and change clothes and "dress up" before coming into Mommy and Daddy's room to wake us. You have mastered dressing and undressing yourself and usually you pick out great outfits...even if some are pretty creative. :)


When eating, you love fruits and vegetables- you could eat your weight in strawberries, blackberries and tomatoes---but not so much meat. And you really don't like pasta of any kind except spaghetti. You do have a little bit of a sweet tooth and like to have a piece of chocolate as your reward since we are still potty-training. On that note, you just about have that down pat! Yay! As for clothing, you are thin, but average height. You weigh 28 pounds and are 36 inches tall. You are wearing 2T pants and 3T shirts and dresses. You are wearing a size 6 toddler shoes.



Although you have been expressing your opinions and independence very strongly lately, you still melt my heart and make me laugh---and yes, try my patience at times. But, I am so grateful everyday that God blessed us with you and that I am able to stay home with you now.

You are such a special little girl and I look forward to MANY more snuggles, loves and kisses with you!

(Since she really isn't happy with me taking pictures of her right now, I had to settle for these pics of an impromptu photo op...hopefully soon she will let me get some good full body shots so I will remember just how big she was:) )

No comments: