Wednesday, January 26, 2011

"Big Girls" Day Out

It is rare for me to be able to spend time alone with my first born...just her and me. So whenever the opportunity presents itself, I jump at it. Today, we got to have, what Audrey called, our "Big Girls Day Out".

Our day started out at the eye doctor. Not exactly "fun", but time together, nonetheless. Audrey had been complaining about her eyes, so after a several days of the same complaint, I decided I'd better take her just to get checked out. Thankfully, other than sensitive eyes, everything looked perfect.

Next, we dropped off some items that we were donating to a local Christian pregnancy center.
After that, we went to get my hair cut. Audrey thought she was such a big girl because, since noone else was in the salon, they let her have the run of the show. She checked out every chair, dryer, brush, etc. in the place. That lucky girl even walked out of the place with a pocket full of candy.

Then we set out for the fun stuff! We went to Toys-R-Us, where we walked around playing with all the toys and searched for a special toy for Audrey for being such a great patient at the eye doctor. Audrey also purchased a present to give Addison for her birthday.

Once we left there, we enjoyed a delicious lunch at Jason's Deli. Topping that off with some yummy ice cream.

Finally, we couldn't end a girls day out without a stop by the mall. I had to exchange a couple of things I had purchased for Addison. Then we just walked around with her little hand in mine, enjoying our Mommy/Daughter time together.

At the end of the day, Audrey said, "Mommy, I had such a fun girls day with you!" "It was a great day!". That was the perfect ending to a perfect day!

What a wonderful, special day we shared! I can't wait to do it again!

1 comment:

~Cindy said...

So precious, Heather! Doesn't that just melt your heart? :)