Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Family Fishing Fun

Last Thursday we took advantage of the lovely weather and loaded up to spend the day fishing.

We began our fishing trip with a picnic. It is always better fishing on a full tummy!









Then we fished...





And watched (this was Addison's 1st fishing trip)



And fished...



And rested...And played...



And fished...

And enjoyed Fun Dip...


And snacked on Goldfish crackers...


And caught some fish... Audrey caught the first fish!

And fished some more...



Then snagged a few more. Yes, Corey helped her pull this one in. It was a whopper!


Audrey caught the BIGGEST fish!



Addison was mesmerized by the fish. Every time we would reel one in she would yell "Bish", "Bish" and want to touch it. If we didn't let her "pet" the fish she would pitch a fit.


And here is evidence that I did fish, and I caught one! I actually caught my biggest fish ever. (not as big as Audrey's...but big enough :) )




3 comments:

Nancy Hood said...

Are those bass?! Once John introduced me to a fried bass, I never wanted to go back to catfish. They're picky eaters and don't scap the bottom of the floors like cats do. Love the outing and the pics!! Love more that fact that you're spending quality time with your babies and making heart memories. Always remember, that's most important. I love you, Heather.

Heather said...

Yes, Nan, those are bass. We kept quite a few to clean and eat later. They are wonderful! :) And I learned from the best (YOU) that making heart memories is the most important. I remind myself often of the advice you've given to me about that. Especially when I feel like I just HAVE to have things all clean, but the girls are wanting hugs or playtime. :) Thank you for the many, many things you taught me! Many years later I still remember them. Love you!!

Aunt Shirley said...

Love it!! Making beautiful memories with those two precious girls! I remember another little girl a few years back fishing from the bank...she looked a lot like Audrey in those pics(:-). Love to all.