Monday, April 16, 2012

Addison- 2 Years Old


This is a bit late being posted...mainly because I forgot to hit that "publish" button waaayyyy back when I wrote this.
Little Bit,
You are now 2 years old. I know I keep saying this, but I just don't understand how time keeps speeding up. In spite of your "terrible-two" tantrums, this has to be the funniest age right now. You are so comical and your vocabulary has increased dramatically just in the last 2 weeks. It is unbelievable.
Here are some things I want to remember about this time:
You:
* weigh 23 lbs
* are 34 inches tall
* still have that papa (paci)
* always have your blankie and Care Bear with you
* wear size 18-24 month clothes
* wear a size 5 toddler shoe
* wear a size 4 diaper
* love to sing and dance. You really love watching the Cedarmont Kids Sing-a-long DVDs and sing and dance with them.
* love playing with babydolls and in the play kitchen
* pull out tons and tons of toys so it looks like a hurricane came through our house on a daily basis
* say "I DO IT" often. You are becoming very independent.

You:
* love Elmo
* enjoy seeing the cows at Grammy's house
* always want to eat bananas and PB&J sandwiches
* say "Mommy, I NEED You" when you are upset and come to me with those sweet arms up waiting on me to pick you up.
* wear your sunglasses upside down
* have learned to swing in a regular swing like a big girl

You:
* are so expressive with your eyes
* are scared of bugs and thunder
* love to play in the sand and water
* can count to 20 in English and 10 in Spanish
* can say your ABC's
* know most of your colors consistently
* do a good job putting simple puzzles together
* like to play "Memory" games
* know your shapes
* love "reading" books
* think you are as big as your sister and try to do everything she does

You, my precious child, are such a joy! You keep our family laughing and entertained. I am so thankful that God chose me to be your mommy! I love you, Little Bit!!

1 comment:

Nancy Hood said...

Precious, we forget at times these should be journals for our families to look back upon :) hugs and much love, Nan