Thursday, April 12, 2012

Easter 2012

We had such a wonderful Easter weekend!
Saturday evening Audrey and Addison dyed eggs. I'm ashamed to admit this, but I had to call my parents for instructions on how to hard boil an egg. I know, right!! I'm 33 years old and I should've known how to do that...but I don't eat boiled eggs so it was never necessary.



Anyway, I did successfully boil a dozen eggs and the girls had a delightful time dying and decorating them.
Easter morning the girls woke up and rushed in to see what the Easter bunny had left for them. Their baskets were overflowing with goodies.
For the first time (ever, I think) we celebrated Easter at our house. Usually Corey is on shift and the girls and I go to my parents house. This year we did things differently.
My parents and Corey's dad and his dad's girlfriend joined us for Easter lunch. We had BBQ, baked beans, slaw, chips, fruit and dessert.

After eveyone got their bellies full, the men hid the eggs while the women and kids waited inside.

Audrey and Addison had an absolute blast! They wanted to hunt eggs over and over again.
Then the girls hid the eggs for the adults to find. I'm not sure who had more fun, the little kids or the grown kids :)

After all the hunting was over, Audrey and Addison had to inspect their loot and indulge in some of the candy.
Before everyone left to go back to their homes, I took a few family photos.
My little family...
Audrey and Addison with Papa Kenny and Marian...
Grammy and Grandaddy with their little chicks...
We all had such a wonderful time. The weather was perfect, the food was great and the company was fantastic. I am looking forward to doing this again next year.

No comments: