Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Heroes

A few weeks ago Audrey, Addison and I had the pleasure of attending a fire department awards ceremony where Corey was honored and received a Unit Commendation award.  It was for a rescue that was performed last year, April 27, 2011, the day of the horrific tornadoes.


In true selfless, hero fashion, Corey couldn't see why in the world he was getting this award.  Because in his words he was "just doing his job".  Well, certainly he was doing his job, but most people I know wouldn't voluntarily risk their lives on a daily basis to save another. 


I'm not just saying this because my husband in a firefighter, but I think that our firefighters, police officers, and military should be recognized, awarded and commended much more than they receive now.  However, if one was to ask them, I'm sure their response would be that similar to the one Corey gave- "I was just doing my job". 


I'm very proud of my husband and his fellow firefighters who don't think twice about taking the risk to help another person.

Congratulations, Corey! Your award is well deserved! I'm so proud of you!

This is Patrick one of Corey's co-workers and good friend. (and partner-in-crime, if truth be told!)


The girls were, as always, so proud of their daddy.  They were thrilled to get to see him receive such an honor. 

No comments: