Monday, June 18, 2012

Seen and Heard

Today as I was walking through the living room, I see Addison licking on Audrey's little play electronic computer. I told her not to put her mouth on the computer.  Addison, my adorable 2-year-old,  replied "'da umpuder (computer) say use mouf on number".  I walked closer just as she pressed the button again.  The computer actually said "Use the mouse to select a number".  Hahaha! Audrey and I laughed until we cried!  Addison didn't realize why we were laughing, but she kept licking the computer because she now had an audience! Such a funny girl!

____________________________________________________


Addison's new thing is to hug my leg tightly and say, "Mommy, I wuv you moon back".  Translation:  "Mommy, I love you to the moon and back."

Melt my heart!!!

____________________________________________________

Conversation between Audrey and me the other night while snugging at bedtime.

AK: Mommy why do you always wear those rings?  (pointing to my wedding/engagement rings)

Me: Because those are the rings that Daddy gave me when we got married.

AK: When will I get those married rings?

Me: One day when you are much older and you find a wonderful guy who loves you and that you want to marry.

AK: Well, I don't know any boys that don't have a mommy, do you?

Me: Well, if a boy marries a girl, she wouldn't be his mommy, she would be his wife.  Like I am your Daddy's wife, not his mommy.

AK: But you cook and clean for him and wash his clothes too, like you do for me and sissy.  And you do 'cause you're our mommy.

(OHHHH boy!  How do I even go there???? Haha!)

So I just answered...

I do all that because I love y'all, not because I am your mommy or a wife. 

(It was the best I could come up with in that "caught-off-guard-but-trying-not-to-laugh" moment. )

I just love these conversations I have with my munchkins!

1 comment:

Nancy Hood said...

I love love love these seen and heard posts :) and you had some doozies today ;)