Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Mommy Confession #217

Usually I post about the fun, happy, beautiful things going on in our lives. And it is so easy to make things seem just honky-dory around here.  But in all honesty, I'm a mommy to a 5-year-old and a 2-year-old, a work-at-home mom who's husband works a lot...so IT AIN'T EASY!  All that said, here is my confession:

** I really don't want Addison to give up the paci!!!** There, I said it! Why, you ask?? Well, for several reasons...

1) It is just so easy to give it to her when she's whining.  She LOVES that thing.  And when there is drama, fussing, fighting, and crying between the siblings (like there has been of most of the time lately) it just makes me not go insane quite as quickly when I can plug her up with the paa-paa!

2) When she has the paci in her mouth, I know what is in her mouth.  This kid puts EVERYTHING in her mouth!! And I do mean- EVERYTHING!! If the paci isn't in her mouth, then the old cereal off the floor, the bouncy ball, the little Lego, the bug, her shoe, a crayon, paper, a blanket...(I could go on and on) is in her mouth. YUCK!!!

3) I'm the one who has to put up with the screaming and crying when she can't have her paci.  As previously mentioned...Corey is at work a lot, so the time he has to endure the screaming and crying is very limited.  I'm not sure my ears, brain and nerves can handle it. (And poor Audrey will have to suffer too!) All these other folks that keep on about how she "MUST get rid of the paci now" isn't exactly volunteering to take care of her during the breaking process!

4) She's my last baby. Sorry excuse, I know.  But if I am being honest, then I must include this.  She looks so darn cute with the paci. (We do limit her use of it, by the way, to nap/bed time for the most part). And once the paci is gone, then it is one more thing that proves my baby isn't a baby anymore. :( (sniff, sniff)

So, there you have it.  My confession.  However, there is a plan in place to take away the paci for good once Corey comes back from his fishing trip. Because I'm not suffering through it alone. Haha!  So say a prayer that the detachment comes easy.  I'm sure I will post about the Operation: Goodbye Paci soon.

2 comments:

jquinn said...

Trade her paci r you some ear plugs!

Melissa B. said...

She's how old? I just wouldn't worry about it. But then again, Iliya was still in a crib beyond 3 years old, and wasn't potty trained till close to 4. Guess that's how I roll. :)